Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Valentine's Day Gifts for Kids


Have your kids asked you yet what you are doing for the Valentine's Day party? I have been lucky enough to avoid that aisle so far this year, but we still have almost a month left. Here is what I came up with. Isn't it cute?

The base is Riding Hood Red c/s cut to 4 1/2" x 7". Score at 1/2" along the 4 1/2" side. Score at 1/2", 3" 3 3/4" and 6 1/4" along the 7" side. Score all the lines. Ok, now this part will be hard to describe so bear with me... Cut up to the 1/2" scored line at all points. Before you assemble the box, punch a hole at the top with your Crop-a-dile. I used the 3/16" side and punch in 3/8" (use your cool settings). I folded the paper so that I punched through both sides at once.

I used 21 1/2" of Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon. I don't know if you really need that much but I'm trying to make it easier to tie bows.

Here is a picture open. It is a lot easier to thread the ribbon under the box than it looks. Thread the ribbon through both holes across the top of the box, centering it. Now you can push the ribbon down with the box and tie a ribbon on the top. I decorated the front with Candy Lane DSP. I stamped the hearts with the "Love You Much" stamp set in Riding Hood Red ink on Pink Pirouette c/s. It was so easy to punch them out with the "Heart to Heart"punch. I used a dimensional on the medium sized heart to raise it up a little bit. Finally I stamped friend to friend with Black Staz On ink in the lower right hand corner. I would suggest decorating the top piece before adhering it to the box. This will make stamping on the paper much easier. Clear as mud? Have fun.

Karen :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! ...