Friday, January 18, 2008

Why I love our markers...

Here is yet another reason why I love our markers. While working on my many cards, the red marker decided it didn't want to work anymore. It had run out of ink. Luckily I had a real red refill and that is all I needed. Here is my first tutorial as to how to refill our markers.


Here are the supplies you will need.

* your marker :)
* matching color of refill (I love the fact that you can purchase refills for our markers and ink pads. You'll never need to buy another one, but a refill.)
* tweezers
* paper towel to protect your surface






Start with the brush side of the marker.













Use your tweezers to remove the brush part of the marker.



























Add your refill a drop at a time. You'll begin to see the color inside your marker as it fills up. If you're like me, you'll know when you have too much. It's ok. Just know that when you put the tip back in, it will spill over and leak out. Be ready for clean up so you don't stain your surface.








Replace the cap and wipe up an excess.













Stand the marker on its end with the writing side on the bottom. This will ensure that the ink gets distributed to both sides of the marker. I let it sit overnight but I'm sure you can use to again before that. Once you are done, but sure to always store your markers on their side so that the ink doesn't sit at one end or the other. That's all there is to it. Thank you to Brenden for helping me out and taking the pictures. He did a great job.

Happy Stamping!!

Karen :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you so much...I would have just bought another one thinking the refills are only for the stamp pads!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen. One question -- why would the big end still work well and the little end be dried up???

Karen :) said...

I'm not sure why the writing end of the marker dries up before the marker end. I would guess the marker end absorbs more ink to work and so it works longer. Complete guess. Thank goodness for refills!!!! Happy Stamping! Karen :)

Judi Carpenter said...

Did you know that you can remove the "shoulder" of the marker as well as the brush tip? Using a pliers (I use the one in the Crafters' Tool Kit), twist and pull the assembly out. This allows you to drop ink directly into the "filter" inside the marker barrel. It's far more effective than dropping ink with just the brush removed.